Next, my sisters. My sisters are my best friends. Hour conversations are normal. If I don't talk to Suzy once a week, I feel like something is missing. She is always inviting me to come stay with her family and to join them on family trips. Melissa lets me be part of her family and is always willing to let me indulge her kids with treats. She shares her kids with me. Kathrine keeps me laughing. She loves being part of our lives, even though she lives the furthest away. Lucille is my comrade in arms. Most of my childhood memories revolve around Lu. All I have to say is Mickey and the Beanstalk, Stratego Men, 1-2-3 on so-and-so, etc. The list goes on. We still have great times together. Last is Annette. I miss Annette. She is in Turkey and Greece right now and I have been making a list of the random things I would normally text her. She let me tag along with her this year-as I had no friends-and crash on her couch when it got late. We both love movies and I love watching something new with her. It will be hard when she moves to California. I could ramble on for hours about my family (I'll do Dad and the brothers on Father's Day) but I just want to close with saying how much I love my family. I am lucky. I could never love anyone more than I love my sisters. --Louisa May Alcott
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I Could Never Love Anyone More Than I Love My Sisters
Next, my sisters. My sisters are my best friends. Hour conversations are normal. If I don't talk to Suzy once a week, I feel like something is missing. She is always inviting me to come stay with her family and to join them on family trips. Melissa lets me be part of her family and is always willing to let me indulge her kids with treats. She shares her kids with me. Kathrine keeps me laughing. She loves being part of our lives, even though she lives the furthest away. Lucille is my comrade in arms. Most of my childhood memories revolve around Lu. All I have to say is Mickey and the Beanstalk, Stratego Men, 1-2-3 on so-and-so, etc. The list goes on. We still have great times together. Last is Annette. I miss Annette. She is in Turkey and Greece right now and I have been making a list of the random things I would normally text her. She let me tag along with her this year-as I had no friends-and crash on her couch when it got late. We both love movies and I love watching something new with her. It will be hard when she moves to California. I could ramble on for hours about my family (I'll do Dad and the brothers on Father's Day) but I just want to close with saying how much I love my family. I am lucky. I could never love anyone more than I love my sisters. --Louisa May Alcott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thamina! I am SO sorry to hear about Mel's sister!!! That is devastating...especially while you are on your mission, you expect that nothing bad can happen to missionaries! I am so sorry to hear that news!
On a lighter note, your hair looks so long! I loved the picture of all you girls at Annette's graduation! Tell her congrats for me! "Annette Christensen, MBA"! Has a nice ring to it. :)
Wow!!! So fun to read. I love my sisters too!!!
Post a Comment