I came back from Mexico not quite sure the next steps in life. I had turned down one job without having a clue as to why except I didn't feel it was the right move for me. I did know one thing that would happen after coming home. Time to move again. My friend and I found a place that was perfect for us: two bedrooms with connecting bathrooms, a nice kitchen, a garage, plenty of storage space, and a month-to-month lease. While packing up, my little niece commented that I moved too much. My defense started sputtering out when I realized that I four times in the past four years. She was right. I needed to find something more permanent.
 |
| New view |
After moving and settling a bit, I had decided that maybe I needed to stay in Utah and started to toy with that idea a bit more. During that time, Eloqua invited me and 10 other customers to their Advocates Summit in Deer Valley. We had meetings in the mornings and activities in the afternoons. I noticed that the CTO and SVP of Product Development were skiing both days and had the distinct thought that I'd be stupid not to ski with them. You can see where this is leading. After two days of skiing together, these two execs knew me pretty well, and gratefully I impressed them with my meager black diamond/mogul technique. But as far as a job, nothing was discussed and I continued on my path of staying in Utah and staying at my current job.
 |
| Deer Valley |
 |
| Babysitting; Feeling a bit parental |
 |
| Babysitting nieces and nephews. We had a good time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment