1. I am grateful for the Wall Street Journal's daily quotes. Usually these are taken out of context or connect to a random memory of mine which makes them quite humorous. Here is today's quote: "You fill out a job application and you can’t write ‘long-range reconnaissance and sniper skills.’"
Here is the context: Andrew Spurlock, an Army infantryman who was disabled in the Iraq war, on his search for a job that paid better than delivering pizzas.
2. I am grateful when I can escape technology. Yesterday my phone died and my computer was unable to connect to the internet (okay it was actually turned off, but I really was away from an internet connection for a while). Well, I was completely exhausted! So, I crawled into bed knowing I would not be disturbed. When I woke up, my voice mail was full and I had a bunch of emails that were waiting for me. But, for a brief moment, I had escaped the demands of technology.
3. I am grateful for my twin niece and nephew. I had such a fun time juggling the two, bouncing one with my leg while cradling the other. Just when I had one calmed down the other started squawking so I would re-adjust their positions. Very time consuming and emotionally draining, but I had such a good time hanging out with the little ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment