Thursday, August 18, 2011

Strengthened by the Lord

I read this quote from Joseph Smith, The Prophet's Facebook status. (I just read that line and thought how ironic that Joseph Smith was martyred by those hoping to extinguish his voice and now that same voice is being published world-wide on a social networking site.)

"I wanted to say something to you to comfort you in your peculiar trial & present affliction. I hope God will give you strength that you may not faint. I pray God to soften the hearts of those around you to be kind to you & take the burden off your shoulders as much as possible & not afflict you. I feel for you, for I know your state & that others do not, but you must comfort yourself knowing that God is your friend in heaven & that you have one true & living friend on earth, your husband."

I may not be married but this particular quote touched my heart because I know that God is my friend and is acutely aware of me, and I have a family that has been a great source of comfort to me. They are my friends and I love them dearly.

No comments: