Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One More Thing I'm Grateful For...


Happy Birthday to my amazing father!

His children have always been a source of pride for him and he has loved each of us unconditionally.

He always greets my mom with a kiss, cuddles with her on the couch, and holds her hand as they travel through life.

He has sacrificed so much for his family. He would work long hours so we could participate in sports, music, and other activities. My dad loves a good adventure and he always wanted to be part of the fun even though we often wore him out.

Once when I was having financial troubles because of a mix-up at ASU's graduate office, I approached my parents about possible solutions to the problem. My dad got a big grin on his face and started singing "You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me" and offered a different solution. My dad has always supported and helped me. My dad is absolutely wonderful and he is right. I've never had a friend like him.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Your parents are such neat people. I've always thought that.

Emily said...

I love your Dad! He's so Awesome! I wish I had one like him! He was always good with us when we lived with my mom for that hard time! And he always had a smile on his face! He is such a workaholic! I'm glad to hear that you guys have been traveling all over the world! It looks like so much fun! Probably something I'll never do! And with your parents..that's really Neat! Keep posting..love to read what ya doing these days!